LEADing Learning Issue 20
WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING IN SCIENCE
This term we have been looking at Chemical Science.
- Kindy – we have been discovering what different materials there are in our world eg. wood, plastic, fabric, metal and glass.
- PrePrimary – we have been looking at different materials, including the things the 3 pigs made their houses from.
- Yr 1 – we have been learning that materials can be changed eg. cooked spaghetti, bread to toast, popcorn, jelly and melted chocolate.
- Yr 2 – we have been learning that materials can be combined eg. soaking paper towels in coloured dye and the things that are used to build a house.
- Yr 3 – we have been learning that changing from a solid to a liquid can be done by adding or removing heat eg. melting crayons to make rainbow crayons and melting chocolate.
- Yr 4 – we have been learning about natural and processed materials and their properties eg. different types of fabrics and what materials will decompose.
- Yr 5 – we have been learning that solids, liquids and gases have different observable properties and behave in different ways eg. viscosity of liquids and why some things explode.
- Yr 6 – we have been learning that changes to materials can be reversible and irreversible eg. physical and chemical changes.